My Senior Year

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day!

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day! This is one of those times that I have about a billion other things to be doing... so this is going to have to be brief. I've decided that I love Valentine's Day. Just thought y'all should know. I heard yesterday morning on the radio that 4/5 Valentines that are exchanged in America are exchanged in an elementary classroom. I believe it. Yesterday was definitely one long sugar-high for my class, but there's something exciting and kind of old-fashioned about decorating white paper bags with construction paper heart cutouts that makes the day feel extra special. One thing I love about elementary school is that no holiday goes unnoticed or uncelebrated. And now, after all my Valentines, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, and (my personal fav), homemade strawberry lollipops, Valentine's Day is definitely topping my list.

And, in honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share my recent fav verses about love:
"Above all, maintain constant love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins. Be
hospitable to one another without complaining. Like good stewards of the manifold
grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever
speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so
with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through
Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory and power forever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:8-11

I pray that I can have a relationship that reflects the attributes mentioned in this passage with my future valentine!

Also, one last piece of exciting (to me) news: I passed my elementary praxis, in addition to my early childhood one and the PLT. Elementary wasn't my major, but I figured I'd at least try the test since I've had enough hours and my student teaching placement is in 3rd. Basically this means that I can teach any grade in SC from pre-K (no thanks!) to 6th (again, no thanks!) But hopefully this wider range of certification will help me to get a job!

Have a fabulous Wednesday!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Anna!!! You are very wise to become certified pre-K through 6th grade.
    Haven't heard yet whether you and Sarah are planning to join us at Seabrooke the first weekend in March. I surely hope so! BA and Cam will be there! Please come! We'll have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete