My Senior Year

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Convocation

So, today was opening convocation at PC!


Which has me wondering, when did these girls...



Become these girls?



(In case you were wondering, the first picture was A3 on our first weekend out at PC ever, freshman year.  Obviously, the above picture is A3 today!)

It is absolutely insane to me that I'm already at this point in my college career.  I remember so clearly opening convocation my freshman year and seeing all the seniors in their caps and gowns and feeling SO FAR from that point.  Here I am, and strangely, I don't feel that much older.  But somehow, three years of doing my own laundry, staying up late studying (but never all night because I refuse.), sitting in GDH for hours (always at the same few tables), planning out my life, dressing up for parties and mixers, diamond family dinners, and hours in my practicum classrooms have transformed me into a senior who is graduating and heading out into the real world in just a few short months.  But for now, I'm going to try and enjoy every minute of the time I have left at PC.  And of course I'll HAVE to come back and visit...



At least for the next 2 years!  May I say how proud I am that Sarah got up and came to convocation!  AND if you look closely... we are wearing the exact same shirt.  Which we both purchased separately over the summer.  Typical!

That's all for now... here's a quote that I've been loving lately and I feel kind of fits in with all of this:

"Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground.  Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it..." - Wilfred Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment