My Senior Year

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Last week in pictures


So... I realize I have not posted on here in a while.  But all I did from Thursday- Sunday last week was recruitment, so therefore I had lots of work and sleep to catch up on this week.  Here are just a few pictures from our wonderful rush...







Now I'll be the first to say, I really genuinely like recruitment.  I understand that that makes me weird or something, because it's usually people's least favorite thing about being in a sorority.  But I love it!  However, as much as I love rush, I love BID DAY a million times more!  Bid day is by far my favorite sorority event... there's really nothing like it.


This year, Bid Day was coordinated by my fabulous little sister Kate



Seriously, most fun theme EVER

Personally, (and I know I'm biased) I think that PC has the best bid day ever.  Each girl runs down the steps of Neville individually to her new sorority.


SO fun.

Again, here's just a little flashback of bid days from my time at PC:

Freshman year when I was just a little Alpha... I seriously could not have been more excited about my bid from ADPi/ the fact that Katie Lee was my big sister


Though I didn't think my excitement level from freshman year could be topped, I was even MORE excited on bid day sophomore year when I found out I got KATE!

While I'm on the subject of excitement over getting Kate, I just thought I should include the photo that was taken when I found out she'd preffed ADPi... ridiculous, but I was so, so happy


Then junior year bid day came around, and I was so pumped for Sarah to finally be in ADPi... clearly, she was excited too ha!

So after all of my exciting bid days, I wasn't sure that I would be as pumped this year.  However, I was wrong, as evidenced by this picture, taken by the photographers at bid day:


I was so excited to get this precious girl in my family:



Obsessed.

This year, to add to the fun, Mandy got to come to bid day... even though she wasn't in a sorority, she still gets into the spirit... and she even perfected her sorority squat!!! 


Now, I know this has been a pretty pi-tastic post, and now is probably not the time to try and claim that I'm not pi-tastic... because clearly I am ha.  I will say, I had no clue my freshman year going into this how much I would get out of it.  Before ADPi, my view of sororities pretty much consisted of Legally Blonde and bad things about hazing that you hear on the news.  I'm so glad to say that my experience has been so much different than those things.  Through ADPi, I've gotten a chance to be a leader, make some best friends, gain a big sister that I always wanted, get another little sister (which, having Kate as my little and Sarah's big has seriously been SO FUN), make so many memories, and learn to work as a part of something that is much bigger than myself.  Through my experience in ADPi, I've learned a lot of life lessons... not to mention practiced my public speaking skills a LOT!  So many of my best college memories involve ADPi in some way or another, and I wouldn't change my experience for the world.  Now, to add to the cheesiness, here are some lyrics from "These Are Days" which we sing during second night of rush.  I know it's cheesy, but these lyrics are true, and I'll always think about ADPi when I hear them:
"These are days, you'll remember.  Never before, and never since, I promise, will the whole world be warm as this, and as you feel it, you'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky.  It's true, that you are touched by something, that will grow and bloom in you"

Pi love!

2 comments:

  1. Love everything about this post and about you! So glad y'all had such an awesome Bid Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to know that "These are the days" is still a PC ADPi tradition on second night!
    RUSH/BID DAY looked amazing...and so glad you are soaking all of this up. Before you know it you are "that" girl that still wants so badly to go back to rush/bid day each year because you miss it sooo much! Good thing you have an excuse (aka Sarah) to continue going back for a few years.

    ReplyDelete