My Senior Year

Friday, October 22, 2010

OH!



I can't believe I forgot to mention this... so if you're in the Columbia area and have recently listened to 104.7 (as I was and did on Wednesday when I went to the fair), you have probably heard of the tickets on the Taylor Swift Cruise that they are giving away.

That's right!  Taylor Swift CRUISE!!!!!!  Now, I'm a HUGE Tay Swift fan.  I also love cruises.  So as soon as I heard this announcement, I knew I HAD to win this cruise.  So I went to the radio station's website to enter whatever contest this is and ran into a slight problem.  Apparently, they say key words on the radio that you have to enter on the website to win.  This is problematic due to the fact that I can't pick up that radio station at school.  Whatever, so not to be deterred, I went on over to the Royal Caribbean website to see how much I would have to beg to get some tickets for Christmas.  Here is what I can gather about the "Taylor Swift Experience" offered on the Allure of the Seas:

- Taylor Swift Trivia.  How fun is that?!  Although, honestly, I don't know how much I actually know about her life or anything...

- Look alike contest: Do people on the street mistake you for Taylor Swift?... nope.  So that's two down on the Taylor Swift Experience...

- Taylor Swift Karaoke... this would be enjoyable, I'm not going to lie.

- A concert by Taylor in the ship's Aqua Theater! 

So then, I saw the date... it is in January.  When I'm going to be student teaching.  Now, I'm questioning whether this is necessarily the best way to start off my semester... by taking an entire week off to go on a Taylor Swift cruise.  I don't think my teacher would be too impressed by my work ethic or my priorities.  UNfortunate.  Plus, all my kids would probably be really jealous.  But here's my thing... 

Dear Royal Caribbean, WHY on earth would you schedule this cruise in JANUARY???  Hellooooo... you know all the 12 year olds (plus me) are going to be in school!  What parent is going to let their child miss an entire week of school to stalk Taylor Swift and sing karaoke?!? (I wish my mom would.)  You're going to end up with a bunch of randos and creepy old men on your cruise because those are going to be the only people available to cruise at that time of year!  Please reconsider this choice in scheduling so that the people who are actually Taylor fans (i.e., me) can participate.

Sincerely,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment