My Senior Year

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Break



"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!" -1 Chronicles 16:34

I must say, I have had a fabulous Thanksgiving break so far. I have so much to be thankful for (including the things I listed a few days ago, and more.) This Thanksgiving break, I have been so thankful to just be lazy at home with my family. To sit around playing Friends Scene It? with my sister, to shop with my mom, and to drag anyone who is willing to Cupcake/ Yoghut. Just to share a few highlights of my break so far...

1. TV with my father: Seeing as how I don't have a tv in my room at home (weird?), dad and I have spent some quality time watching tv in the living room. Fortunately for me, my dad has extremely feminine tastes when it comes to tv shows. For example, the other night we sat around watching the Dancing With the Stars finale... may I just say that the only person who was extremely emotionally invested in this little broadcast was my father. He was thrilled that Jennifer Grey won! He had some not so nice things to say about Bristol. Other examples of my father's tv tastes include but are not limited to: Rachael Ray, Friends, any and all pageants (seriously though, my dad is a pretty fun person to watch pageants with!), and 50 First Dates (which is apparently one of Dad's favorites, which I just learned when he heard some song on the radio in the car and goes, "this song is in 50 First Dates... such a great movie!") All I have to say, is thank goodness my dad had girls!

2. BLACK FRIDAY: So yesterday, we got up at 4:30 (well, some of us did... others waited until we were leaving at 5 to decide to get up) to go shopping. We went to Target first, and the line to check out ended in front of the electronics in the back of the store... to which Mandy said, not worth it and that she'd rather pay full price for the Sex and the City DVD's I wanted. So we got our Starbucks and peaced and went to the mall, where we had much better luck. HOWEVER, may I just say, that Chickfila needs to get organized for occasions such as this... the like 30 minutes we spent in line/ waiting for our food really slowed us down I feel! Also, I feel like children under the age of 10 and especially babies should not be brought out shopping on Black Friday. Period. After the mall, we headed to GB shoes and then to Target for round 2 (luckily the lines were down and they still had Sex and the City ptl!) Successful day? I think so!

3. So Sarah left yesterday to go to Clemson, and things have been much more boring since she left. So while she's up there pretending to care about the game (because let's be honest, if there's anything we're NOT, it's football fans), we've been doing some Christmas decorating (which she hates anyway and always tries to get out of). I should note, though, that I am wearing garnet and black to also act as if I care about this game... I would say that I have Carolina-ish tendencies if I absolutely had to choose, BUT I really think that my level of not caring comes in handy because I can blend in with any crowd and cheer for whoever... also, my wardrobe isn't limited to one team (because isn't football all about what you wear to the game? At least, at PC it is...)

ANYWAY, decorating. Here's a picture of our "tree" (we do fake) all decorated.

Little blurry... thanks Blackberry.

Hope everyone has had a fabulous Thanksgiving... much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment