My Senior Year

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful!



So, with Thanksgiving coming up, I'm extremely thankful for many things, several of which I will list here:

1. The most terrible week/end EVER is OVER! Ok, so Saturday, I took the Praxis and PLT, the two tests that I must pass to graduate/ get my teaching license/ be productive in life. The tests really weren't that bad or anything, but still... I had to spend a lot of time last week studying (kind of) for them, which was problematic due to the fact that I also had to prepare for my CAPSTONE PRESENTATION, which was today. My presentation was on the research I did this semester on childhood stress, anxiety, and depression. This topic, ironically, pretty much summed up this past week... well the stress and anxiety part, anyway. In and of themselves, each of these two things would have been a pretty big deal on their own. However, the combination and timing just made for a stressful last week and weekend, which PTL is over!!! Woo hoo! I could not be more pumped!

2. I'm thankful for my roommates. I'm thankful for Megan (or Megz, as she hates to be called) for being my early childhood bffl for the past 2 years and going along with my adventures all around Columbia on Friday before the praxis... especially her patience in trying to find the right color green Patagonia that I want and her willingness to accompany me to the Cupcake store, even though she wanted to sleep. What a pal! Oh, and I was especially thankful for Megan when I had a friend at the Praxis on Saturday... I think that there's always an interesting crowd when you're taking a standardized test, and Saturday was no exception. Thank goodness I had someone there with me!

Flashback to sophomore year... Megan and I before Theta Chi Christmas party, ironically in front of our future residence, A3!

I'm also thankful for Emily... I'm so glad that we are roommates and that she likes to go to bed early like me and that she doesn't kill me for waking her up early every single day... I'm thankful that she became an RA so that we could get this townhouse. I'm also thankful that she only likes green and orange sour patch kids, which works out perfectly since I only like red and yellow! More importantly, I'm thankful that we can go to church together and that she is always such a huge source of encouragement!

Carolina Cup 2010... soo much better than Cup '09!

And of COURSE, I'm thankful for Nance... for always keeping our lives interesting. There's never a dull moment in this house, which can usually be attributed to Nancy. I'm thankful for that time she got locked in CVS and the time she got the terrible hives... those always provide great stories! I'm thankful that she loves to bake and always makes A3 seasonal treats. I'm also thankful for that time that she let me cut her hair sophomore year, because that also provides a great story!

Oh, just getting ready to go out freshman year... in SMYTH!

3. I'm thankful for Sister Wives.

4. I'm thankful that Greenville got a Yogurt Mountain. I'm also thankful for whichever one of my friends that I'm going to convince to go there with me this week.

5.
I'm so thankful I go here!

2 comments:

  1. funny that you threw "sister wives" into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I don't know who used my name to post the above comment!! Interesting, but it wasn't me!
    I'm so thankful you have had the awesome experience at PC that you've had!!! What wonderful memories you have made, and those friends you've made will be friends for life!!!!

    ReplyDelete