My Senior Year

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Amazima

So usually the things that I post on my blog are more "scrapbook-y" type things or stories that I think others may find funny or just random things I like. I read other people's blogs that are usually more substantial or have legit messages to them, and I read one the other day that I have literally NOT stopped thinking about since I read it.

It is a blog of a girl named Katie who lives in Uganda (as in, permanently.) She left America- her family, her friends, a boyfriend, college- EVERYTHING to follow God's calling to adopt 14 children from Uganda. She is 22. That's right... at 22, she singlehandedly mothers 14 children. She started Amazima ministries, which provides education, food, clothing, medical expenses, etc. for hundreds of children. Nothing I have to say is as important, meaningful, or compelling as her message.
Please, please, please check out this girl's blog, specifically this post. I pray that it moves you as much as it has moved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment