My Senior Year

Friday, December 10, 2010

Prayers for Patterson

Today I'm asking that anyone who reads my blog will take a minute to read the story of my good friend Katie and her son, Patterson.

When my family moved to SC like 11 years ago, one of the first families that we met were the Shumperts. Katie and Anna quickly became 2 of mine and Sarah's Zion favs. They used to babysit us, and eventually, we ended up asking my mom if they could "watch" us looooong after we really needed a sitter. We just wanted to hang out with them all the time! So then, once we were like middle school-age, Katie went off to college, and bless her heart, she would let Sarah and I come and stay with her at school every once and awhile. We thought this was seriously the COOLEST thing ever!! I'm sure the last thing she really wanted was for these 2 middle school girls to be all up in her dorm room on the weekends, but she would let us stay there and take us shopping and stuff. It was so much fun! I'm forever indebted to her for putting up with us when we were that age and wanted to hang out with her always!

A couple years ago, Sarah and I were in her wedding, and this past April, she had a son, Patterson. Patterson has a genetic heart condition (which, honestly, I don't fully understand and would probably butcher with my explanation.) The bottom line is that he had to have surgery a few weeks ago, and they have been in the hospital ever since. This was supposed to be a relatively "easy" surgery from my understanding (I guess as "easy" as baby heart surgeries can be), but a lot of complications have arisen from the situation. They have been in the hospital since before Thanksgiving. This would be a hard situation to go through anyways, but I think that going through it during the holidays makes it even harder.

So, please please pray for Katie, her husband Dave, and most of all, for Patterson's healing. You can check out their caring bridge site to read their story.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anna! That made me laugh! And you can stay over anytime now!
    Love you,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete